Mankind has always been a few steps ahead in planning to safeguard themselves from dangers and catastrophes of any kind. The year 2020, has seen mankind battling an enemy which by far has been very unpredictable and has spread like wildfire. The rise and the spread of COVID19 have jolted almost all nations.
As per most of the health experts and doctors, the one common finding is that wearing a face mask helps prevent the spread of the dangerous COVID19 virus. Though this fact has clearly been proved time and again, there are some do’s and don’ts that need to be followed even as you wear a face mask to protect yourself. Let us take a closer look at some of the major pointers you need to keep in mind while you wear protective face masks.
THE DEFINITE DON’TS
Wearing a mask is not a replacement: Since the pandemic struck there have been a number of advisories that the medical teams have given. One of them is to wear a mask at all times. However, there are other guidelines that have been issued such as washing hands at regular intervals, and the last thing that you shouldn’t do is consider mask-wearing as a substitute for the other guidelines such as washing hands.
- No need to wear a mask when you’re indoors in the comforts of your home or car (when traveling alone)
- If you are at a place where you can observe social distancing then wearing a mask is not a must.
- While eating at a restaurant where there is outdoor seating, there is no need to wear a mask.
- Children under the age of 2 shouldn’t wear a mask
- It is advised that once you have worn the mask not to keep touching it to adjust it.
- Make sure that you don’t slide the mask under your chin while wearing it.
- If your face mask is soiled, ripped, or damaged in any way please don’t wear it.
- Ensure that the mask worn and used by you is not shared with anyone else.
- Do not use washable cloth masks as they don’t ensure protection from viruses and bacteria.
THE DEFINITE DO’S
Now, that we have discussed the parameters that need to be avoided, let us take a look at some of the things that you need to do follow while wearing a mask.
- When you are in a public place and surrounded by more people, ensure that you always wear a mask.
- If you’re in your house with people from outside.
- In all those enclosed spaces where social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Ensure that you wear a mask when you are indoors in the presence of a family member who is COVID positive.
- Wear a mask when you are exercising in close proximity to others.
- Ensure that you wear a mask that covers both your mouth and nose.
- Make sure that you wash your hands before putting on your mask.
- Always put on your mask using the straps instead of touching the mask.
- Make it a point to store your mask in a clean and dry container.
- Always use a breathable, non-woven cloth mask with a meltblown filter layer that ensures protection from viruses.
It is important to understand that in the current situation when we all are fighting the fight against the Coronavirus, we all need to be together and think not only about safeguarding ourselves but the others around us as well. Ensure that you follow all the precautions that you need to ensure complete safety because prevention is better than the cure.